As Public Adjusters, we represent the policyholder and act as their guide throughout the claims process, helping them recover the full scope, value, and coverages for their specific loss. We clarify complex losses that insurers might not know how to handle accurately; we correct losses where the insurer has erred in assessing scope, value, or coverage; and we work with investors and insureds who simply wish to save time and ensure their insurance loss is handled properly so they receive a just and accurate resolution.
Our Public Adjusting Process begins with an analysis of your policy to determine all of the coverages that may be applicable to your loss. We then investigate the damages and facts surrounding your loss, prepare detailed estimates of building damages and inventories of contents, and work with your insurer to facilitate a complete and accurate resolution with your claim. From our initial consultation to our final resolution, our role as your representative is to provide you with accurate and complete information about your loss and to guide you through the options available to receive a full and complete resolution.
To learn more about our Public Adjusting Process, click here!
The Ethics in Our Actions
1. Insurance isn’t bad. It protects you in times of loss. It reduces risk. If applied properly, it makes you whole in the event of a loss. Sometimes the people governing insurance fall a bit short. This doesn’t mean that we feel we should attack, gouge, or be inaccurate back. We will simply review your loss and help you make use of the available options to achieve an equitable resolution.
2. Next, we form an accurate scope, valuation, apply coverages properly, support all of those items with exhaustive research, and sow our file together with a loss report that quickly defines our position. We provide all of that data to the insurer, give them the opportunity to review any inaccuracies in their original handling, and allow them to make corrections.
3. We are always open to any new data the insurer would like to provide on a loss. We will review that data and provide our analysis and any relevant counterpoints which clarify why we have elected the resolution methods and pricing provided in our proof of loss package
4. If the insurer still refuses to accept the accurate scope, valuation, and/or coverages, our original stance of no fault on the insurer’s part will begin to evolve. Suffice it to say that we provide the insurer every reasonable opportunity to do the right thing throughout our process. More importantly, we seek to provide you with updates on claim scope, totals, the options you have available, and our recommendation.
5. In cases of an irreconcilable stance on the part of the insurer, we will help you evaluate all of the options of recourse and act as your guide until final resolution is achieved.
6. We won’t, at any time, force you to do anything you don’t feel comfortable doing. If you wish to accept a lower settlement from your insurance company, then we will respect your decision and will facilitate its implementation.
The Follow Through
We start your claim with you, and we will continue to work with you all the way through to the last dollar being collected on your claim. But we don’t simply leave you behind once your claim is complete. We typically will look to enroll you and your properties in our Property Care Plus program. This means that we will remain as an insurance resource to answer questions that you might have such as how to select an insurance policy that fits your needs and what common gaps are often found in standard policies. We don’t select policies for you but we definitely give you a strong scaffold to help guide your decisions. Becoming a long term client enrolled in the Property Care Plus program will also mean we will perform yearly property inspections for qualified properties, monitor the those properties for weather events that might damage them, inspect the properties shortly after the event occurs (usually within days), and we will compile a loss report which will give you a good indication of whether damages are likely to exceed your deductible by a significant sum and therefore make a claim necessary (typically we will request your policy or ask you about your deductible depending on circumstances). We also provide classes, training, and talks for qualified groups. These are just a few of the benefits many clients derive from our long term relationship.
If you’re interested in our Weather Wise Program, click here to contact us and inquire about signing up!
If you’re looking to learn more about the Weather Wise Program before learning how you can become a part of it, click here!